CITY HEMP Rx vs THE COMPETITION
How do City Hemp Rx products differ from others?
Our unique genetics is rich in CBD and other minor cannabinoids and abundant with 50+ terpenes. CBD is more than 90% of all cannabinoids and primary terpenes are beta-caryophyllene, humulene, linalool, pinene, and bisabolol, all of them medicinal and synergistic with CBD.
- VERTICAL INTEGRATION
- QUALITY, CONSISTENCY, & TRANSPARENCY IS OUR BUSINESS.
Whether it is the hemp growing in the greenhouses and farmland, or the processing of our Broad Spectrum hemp oil, we pride ourselves on quality, consistency, and transparency. Our vertical integration and rigorous quality control allow us to create the best products with the highest potency and purity. We know how important it is to understand the entire supply chain and are dedicated to the transparency and integrity of the entire “seed to sale” process.
We grow, extract, manufacture finished products, and perform R&D on new product ideas. There is transparency regarding quality, scale, and technologies used. It’s an important part of City Hemp Rx vs The Competition.
- ZERO THC
Our proprietary manufacturing uses chromatography to remove THC but retains all other synergistic molecules in hemp oil. The removal of THC combined with preservation of diverse cannabinoids, terpenes, lipids, and flavonoids, ensures that the broad-spectrum nature of oil is preserved. The broad-spectrum oil is what is responsible for the entourage effect, which makes our hemp oil medicinal in nature.
- PROPRIETARY PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIES
Our flagship technology is based on making our Pharmaceutical Grade – Broad Spectrum – Prescription Quality PCR hemp CBD oil is
NEAT – NANO ENHANCED ABSORBTION TECHNOLOGY
Increases bioavailability in your body by 500%
NEAT – WATER ABSORPTION TECHNOLOGY
Gets absorbed into your body in minutes vs hours.
This technology isn’t like other liposome-based technology. The Water-Soluble hemp oil is a Nano Emulsions (very small hemp oil droplets dispersed in the formula), which ensures very high absorption efficiency in the blood upon ingestion. Our Soft gels are made with this Water Soluble hemp oil. The Nano Emulsions based Soft gels are absorbed into the bloodstream 500% better than competitors’ products and work quickly in full or empty stomach. This another key factor in City Hemp Rx vs The Competition.
- OUR SOFT GELS ARE SUPERIOR
This is a technology platform depicted by the schematic below where Nano Emulsions leads to 500 % times high absorption by the body for maximum bioavailability.
- THESE TECHNOLOGIES ARE SUPERIOR to other water-soluble technology, liposomal or micelle-based, in the market
The average size of our hemp oil droplet is 25 nanometers, compared up to 1000 nanometers that are usually obtained by using the industry-standard liposomal delivery method. The small size of the Nano Emulsions leads to a much larger surface area of the hemp oil droplets in soft gels, leading to 500% higher absorption in the blood. Their lipophilic (oily) interior (i.e. ability to dissolve in fats, oils, lipids, and non-polar solvents) makes them a much better option for transporting lipophilic compounds compared to liposomes. Furthermore, due to their transparent properties and extremely small droplet size, Nanoemulsions do not lead to phase-separation (oil separating from water).
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) vs. Distillation extraction
City Hemp Rx produces Pharmaceutical Grade – Broad Spectrum – Prescription Quality Hemp Oil by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC). The first process utilizes supercritical CO2 to produce an extract rich in terpenes, CBD, and other cannabinoids. This extract is further subjected to winterization in ethanol and solvent removal through vacuum distillation. After the chlorophyll, waxes, and THC are removed, the resulting product is called Pharmaceutical Grade – Broad Spectrum – Prescription Quality hemp oil with 60-80% CBD, minor cannabinoids, and terpenes.
The second solvent-extraction process utilizes ethanol for extraction, followed by the same purification processes as the first, to remove chlorophyll, waxes, and THC. The only difference between the two processes is that the first step, extraction, utilizes different solvents; CO2 & ethanol.
Irrespective of the process, the critical attributes of the oil (CBD %, terpenes, and minor cannabinoids) are a result of post-extraction purification processes and not necessarily the extraction itself. Since the extract from both processes undergoes the same set of purification steps, the resulting hemp oil attributes remain comparable and similar from the two as color, viscosity, etc.
City Hemp Rx uses both types of oils to fulfill orders. As they are comparable and interchangeable, the resulting products possess the same level of quality without any inconsistency. The Broad Spectrum hemp oils are the same irrespective of the extraction solvents as the manufacturing is designed to arrive at the same quality attributes that are critical to our customers. Our versatility from Broad Spectrum to Full Spectrum also makes us stand out the most in City Hemp Rx vs The Competition.
Unique Extraction Process
- High Perfomance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- High CBD, ZERO THC, high terpene plant genetics leads to high-quality extract
- No external additive
- Closed, enclosed process to preserve terpenes
- THC is completely removed
- All other components, minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, are preserved.
- NO solvents, heavy metals, pesticides or mold
WHAT IS CBD DISTILLATE?
We have had an increase in calls with questions regarding the difference between our Broad Spectrum ZERO THC CBD oil purified through High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and CBD distillate products. There is a big difference and we want to keep our customers informed of potentially dangerous products with unknown or misleading profiles. Please see the below infographic. If you have questions about a distillate product you have received, request a Certificate of Analysis from your distillate supplier and schedule a time to have a conversation with one of our experts.
- How is Broad Spectrum Hemp Oil extracted? How is THC removed from this oil?
- The hemp plant material is dried and milled into a powdered form. This allows for the higher surface area which in turn results in an efficient extraction in a shorter time. The extraction is carried out in supercritical CO2. The liquid extract containing plant material is processed through a custom-designed filtration process in which almost all of the non-dissolved solids are retained while the solid-free clean extract is able to permeate through the filter membrane. The solvent from clean hemp extract is recovered using distillation. This converts liquid extract into an oil form. This oil is further treated to preferentially remove waxes. It is then processed through a unique chromatography media which removes all the THC. The final oil has total phytocannabinoids up to 85% with total terpenes between 1 to 4%.
Our BROAD SPECTRUM PCR hemp Oil, ZERO THC is very high in CBD content
1. Our unique plant genetics are high in CBD,
Our unique plant genetics contain 15-18% CBD and ZERO THC, qualifying it as industrial hemp.
2. Our unique proprietary extraction process removes the unwanted materials, waxes, chlorophyll, and pigments that are non-medicinal in nature form the cannabinoids, lipids, vitamins, and terpenes in the hemp extract.
3. In the purification process the refining and THC removal process is so selective, removing only the components that do not have any nutritional or medicinal value, the resulting oil becomes very enriched, up to 85% CBD.
BROAD SPECTRUM Hemp CBD Oil is better than using CBD isolate
The cannabidiol in phytocannabinoid (PCR) rich Broad Spectrum hemp oil is much more effective than a CBD isolate, when used at the same level (mg/kg), controlled for delivery and routes of administration for these reasons:
- Scientific evidence, see references 1-6, exist to show that CBD in the presence of other plant constituents improves the dose-response in a standardized hemp extract, showing it is more potent or efficacious than CBD isolate. Various research groups have studied a range of physiological parameters, such as analgesic effects, and have concluded that the higher efficiency of plant extract can be explained by additive or synergistic interactions between CBD, CBC, CBN, CBG, CBDa, CBDV, CBDVa, over 50 terpenes, and the minor phytocannabinoids or non-cannabinoids presented in the extracts also referred to as
- “THE ENTOURAGE EFFECT.”
This is because of other phytocannabinoids, including
CBG – Cannabigerol
CBN – Cannabinol
CBC – Cannabichromene
CBDa – Cannabidiolic Acid
CBDV – Cannabidivarin
CBDVa – Cannabidiolic Acid
over 50 terpenes, flavonoids, and amino acids exert additional effects of therapeutic interest and the therapeutic synergy observed with plant extracts results in the requirement for a lower amount of active components, with consequent reduced adverse effects. Our ultra-low THC content is yet another major factor in City Hemp Rx vs The Competition.
- A BROAD SPECTRUM hemp oil is easier to manufacture since it can be emulsified, dissolved, and homogenized much more effectively, compared with an isolate. Since the isolates are difficult to dissolve in water-containing media during manufacturing or consumption, they pose a risk of inconsistent delivery of active for consumers and patients alike. Experimental evidence point to a better consistency, delivery, and efficiency and 500% more bioavailability in the body and is absorbed in minutes vs hours when a Broad Spectrum PCR hemp oil is used to manufacture the finished product.
- GW Pharmaceuticals was approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the first drug with CBD as the active ingredient for the treatment of epilepsy. CBD Isolate has been used for various Investigations in New Drug (IND) applications. Historically, the active ingredients in their purified form are not allowed in any consumer or drug product upon FDA approval. Therefore, designing a product with CBD isolate that will soon be illegal to use, presents a challenge for manufacturers.
- City Hemp Rx uses supplements with Broad Spectrum hemp oil with up to 85% CBD with ZERO THC. We provide a solution to those who would want a legal supply of CBD products.
- Ruth Gallily, Zhannah Yekhtin, Lumír Ondřej Hanuš, Overcoming the Bell‐Shaped Dose‐Response of Cannabidiol by Using Cannabis Extract Enriched in Cannabidiol, Pharmacology & Pharmacy, 2015, 6, 75‐85
- Romano, B., Borrelli, F., Pagano, E., Cascio, M.G., Pertwee, R.G. and Izzo, A.A. (2014) Inhibition of Colon Carcinogenesis by a Standardized Cannabis Sativa Extract with High Content of Cannabidiol. Phytomedicine, 21, 631-639. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2013.11.006
- Capasso, R., Aviello, G., Borrelli, F., Romano, B., Ferro, M., Castaldo, L., Montanaro, V., Altieri, V. and Izzo, A.A., (2011) Inhibitory Effect of Standardized Cannabis Sativa Extract and Its Ingredient Cannabidiol on Rat and Human Bladder Contractility. Urology, 77, 1006.e9-006e15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2010.12.006
- De Petrocellis, L., Ligresti, A., Schiano Moriello, A., Iappelli, M., Verde, R., Stott, C.G., Cristino, L., Orlando, P., and Di Marzo, V. (2013) Non-THC Cannabinoids Inhibit Prostate Carcinoma Growth in Vitro and in Vivo: Pro-Apoptotic Effects and Underlying Mechanisms. British Journal of Pharmacology, 168, 79-102. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2012.02027.x
- Russo, E.B. (2011) Taming THC: Potential Cannabis Synergy and Phytocannabinoid-Terpenoid Entourage Effects. British Journal of Pharmacology, 163, 1344-1364. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x
- Wagner, H. and Ulrich-Merzenich, G. (2009) Synergy Research: Approaching a New GenerationPhytopharmaceuticals.Phytomedicine,16,97-110 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2008.12.018
What phytocannabinoids do and how do they work?
Endocannabinoids are produced in our bodies. Phytocannabinoids, or plant-based cannabinoids, are used to supplement or replace endocannabinoids. When the nervous system or immune system does not work as intended because of endocannabinoid deficiency, phytocannabinoids used as supplements help with restoring the proper functionality of the central nervous system and immune system. This is primarily due to the phytocannabinoids activating CB1 and CB2 receptors, which in turn regulate cognitive and immune functions.
CBD is legal
2018 Federal Farm Bill was passed December 21, 2018 which reclassifies hemp from a scheduled 1 drug to the same classification as any farm product. City Hemp Rx’s Pharmaceutical Grade Broad Spectrum with Nano Emulsion technology and ZERO THC PCR hemp oil is legal in all 50 states and can be purchased without a medical card or prescription. It’s Federally legal but in some states it still is illegal.
City Hemp Rx’s Hemp CBD oil is Pharmaceutical Grade, Broad Spectrum & Prescription Quality containing CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, CBDa, CBDV, CBDVa over 50 different terpenes, Flavonoids and Essential Amino Acids with ZERO THC.
BELOW is a breakdown of the makeup of our products